Escape for a few days of horse riding on the Wild Coast. A lovely afternoon ride, then a choice of full day rides with lunch en route, and a final cliff top ride makes this a super weekend getaway.
If you only have a few days, or are on a road trip through South Africa, Kei Mouth and our little seaside village is a perfect stop over. You get to explore the stunning Wild Coast on lovely horses, and enjoy relaxed hospitality with a hearty evening dinner and scrumptious breakfast, all brought together with lots of fabulous horse riding.
Day 1: Arrive around lunch time, and go up to the horse yard for 2.30pm . Your ride this afternoon takes you to the Great Kei River and is a lovely hour and a half loop. Dinner and over night at Kei Mouth Guest Lodge.
Day 2: Your choice of options depending on your riding ability and where you feel like exploring: Yellowwood Ride with pizza lunch in the forest, Waterfall picnic ride or Trennerys pub lunch ride. Dinner and over night at Kei Mouth Guest Lodge.
Day 3: After a lovely breakfast, we will meet again at the horses for 9.30am and then head to Morgan Bay and a stunning cliff top ride, with a final canter down the Morgan Bay beach. Depart at your leisure.
Good to know
- Riders should arrive 15 min before the designated time
- ALL participants are required to sign a recreational release and indemnity form
- All riders are required to wear a protective riding hat
- Weight limit is 95 kg
- All riding levels accepted
- 2 nights accommodation
- Dinner & breakfast
- An afternoon ride, full day ride and morning ride
- Travel and transfers to and from Kei Mouth
- Items of a personal nature
- Spa treatments
- Other activities not mentioned
- Drinks and refreshments at local pub, hotels & restaurants
- Jodhpurs or riding pants
- Riding chaps or long boots
- Own hard hat
- Shorts for walking and hiking
- Walking shoes or boots to ride in
- Slip slops or sandals
- A couple of light long sleeved shirts with collars to protect you from the sun while riding
- T shirts and tops
- Light long trousers. Jeans will do
- Smart outfit for dinner in the evenings
- Warm clothing 1 X jersey (jumper/fleece) to ride in, and a nice one for the evenings!
- A good warm rain proof coat
- Light weight rain jacket/wind breaker that will be tied to your saddle
- Sun block. Factor 30 to 50!
- Swimming costume and swimming towel
- A torch (Flashlight)
- A camera and binoculars (battery charger) & adapter!
- Reading material
- Other items of a personal nature
- Enough cash to cover your drinks and spa treatments and other items of a personal nature (credit cards accepted)
- Comfortable long pants
- Shoes that stay on (trainers are fine)
- Face mask
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
Lovely horses, mine just enough of a "challenge" to keep me riding and not get bored. Roz is a lovely guide and made sure that I was more than happy all the time. The waterfall was stunning 🤠🐎🐎🤠 and I could not believe how much amazing riding country and beach there was.
Looking forward my next ride.
Absolutely first class experience. Roz and Jess are great guides and the views or the Kei and Morgans bay amazing. You need to try this.
Wild Coast Horse Riding Adventures have been running incredible trails along one of the most diverse coastlines for the past 15 years. As a guide, I lead those trails for years and loved every second of it. The horses were too incredible for words - surefooted, responsive and reliable. All the saddles are Leon Liversage, making for a comfortable ride for both horse and human. If you haven't ridden the Wild Coast yet, it's time to put it on your bucket list.
I was apprehensive about my centre-based and mini trail week when I found I was the only guest for half the week and the other half with a Frenchman, but it worked brilliantly; the staff made me feel part of the team. It was a really wonderful fun week. Stunning, untouched landscapes, miles of perfect beaches for fast riding, excellent, well loved horses and lovely staff. Highly recommended
Unsafe horses. Arabian horses. Only for very experienced riders. Take a good helmet and vest! Lovely area.
Medium Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.
7 Night 8 Day Trennerys Wavecrest Horse Trail