An alternative itinerary for those who want a little more but not as much as our other horse riding holidays. With just enough adventure, and more time at each hotel, this itinerary is ideal for riders who enjoy more time to discover the hotels and beaches of the Wild Coast.
This trail runs from Saturday to Saturday and is available most weeks.
PLEASE NOTE All riding and itineraries are subject to change due to variations in local conditions, hotel accommodation availability, rider’s abilities, the weather & the influences of the sea tides and during the rainy season the conditions of the rivers at the time of riding.
Day 1: On arrival at East London airport, you will be transferred to Kei Mouth Guest Lodge, the base of Wild Coast Horse Trails. A light lunch is served, then you will change into your riding clothes and be taken up to the beach paddock. The afternoon is a short introductory ride down to the beach. Overnight at Kei Mouth Guest Lodge.
Day 2: Morgan Bay Cliffs and lunch at Yellowwoods. Overnight at Kei Mouth Guest Lodge.
Day 3: Cross the Kei on the Ferry, waterfalls ride with picnic. Overnight at Trennerys Hotel.
Day 4: Explore the area, The Gates and beaches of Qolora. Overnight at Trennerys Hotel.
Day 5: Morning ride to Wavecrest. River cruise, Spa or ride in the afternoon. Overnight at Wavecrest Hotel.
Day 6: Stunning morning ride. River paddles, spa or ride in the afternoon. Overnight at Wavecrest Hotel.
Day 7: Return to Kei Mouth via the beaches and inland. Overnight at Kei Mouth Guest Lodge.
Day 8: Depending on your departure time, you could squeeze in one more ride before the shuttle picks you up to transfer you back to the airport.
Good to know
- Riders should arrive 15 min before the designated time
- ALL participants are required to sign a recreational release and indemnity form
- All riders are required to wear a protective riding hat
- Weight limit is 95 kg
- Light breakfast (cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit, preserves, tea and coffee)
- Pub lunches or packed lunch for picnics
- Evening dinners
- Drinks. Water bottles will be provided while out riding
- Guest will be required to pay for all extra soft drinks, wine, beer and any other beverage when out for lunch, at restaurants and at the hotel bars (there is a bottle store just around the corner from the guest lodge if other beverage is required)
- Items of a personal nature
- Spa treatments
- Jodhpurs or riding pants
- Riding chaps or long boots
- Own hard hat
- Shorts for walking and hiking
- Walking shoes or boots to ride in
- Slip slops or sandals
- A couple of light long sleeved shirts with collars to protect you from the sun while riding
- T shirts and tops
- Light long trousers. Jeans will do
- Smart outfit for dinner in the evenings
- Warm clothing 1 X jersey (jumper/fleece) to ride in, and a nice one for the evenings!
- A good warm rain proof coat
- Light weight rain jacket/wind breaker that will be tied to your saddle
- Sun block. Factor 30 to 50!
- Swimming costume and swimming towel
- A torch (Flashlight)
- A camera and binoculars (battery charger) & adapter!
- Reading material
- Other items of a personal nature
- Enough cash to cover your drinks and spa treatments and other items of a personal nature (credit cards accepted)
- Comfortable long pants
- Shoes that stay on (trainers are fine)
- Face mask
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
Lovely horses, mine just enough of a "challenge" to keep me riding and not get bored. Roz is a lovely guide and made sure that I was more than happy all the time. The waterfall was stunning 🤠🐎🐎🤠 and I could not believe how much amazing riding country and beach there was.
Looking forward my next ride.
Absolutely first class experience. Roz and Jess are great guides and the views or the Kei and Morgans bay amazing. You need to try this.
Wild Coast Horse Riding Adventures have been running incredible trails along one of the most diverse coastlines for the past 15 years. As a guide, I lead those trails for years and loved every second of it. The horses were too incredible for words - surefooted, responsive and reliable. All the saddles are Leon Liversage, making for a comfortable ride for both horse and human. If you haven't ridden the Wild Coast yet, it's time to put it on your bucket list.
I was apprehensive about my centre-based and mini trail week when I found I was the only guest for half the week and the other half with a Frenchman, but it worked brilliantly; the staff made me feel part of the team. It was a really wonderful fun week. Stunning, untouched landscapes, miles of perfect beaches for fast riding, excellent, well loved horses and lovely staff. Highly recommended
Unsafe horses. Arabian horses. Only for very experienced riders. Take a good helmet and vest! Lovely area.
Medium Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.