Theme: History, culture, nature and regional wine production and tasting. The historic Cape Winelands are set in possibly the world's most beautiful countryside with dramatic, expansive vistas of mountains, vineyards, and ocean. You will taste the most important grapes in the Stellenbosch wine district and others. You will experience wine-making styles across the spectrum from light crisp wines to complex robust red blends and more.
You will learn about the Culture, History, and Cuisine in as much or little detail as you like. Our tours are at a leisurely pace with a focus on your enjoyment, learning, and relaxation. Whether you know little or lots about wine, you are welcome to join.
Your guide and host Jim guides history, culture, nature, and wine in English and Swedish. He is knowledgeable about birds and an enthusiastic photographer and knowledgeable about African history. He is a graduate of The Cape Wine Academy and is a garagiste winemaker (Hunneyball Wines and Abbotts Hill Wines in Platter's wine guide). He has a great interest in sharing his knowledge of wine enjoyment and making. You can ask him what you like.
Private tour. There is no mixing of other people in your group. The guide and the bus are exclusively yours
All tours are available in English or Swedish.
Tours vary and may range from 3-5 producers. We will visit tasting rooms, grape vines and when possible, a cellar.
We have a modern VW that can carry up to seven passengers comfortably. The vehicle is licensed and insured for carrying tourists, and equipped with seatbelts, aircon, PA system, binoculars, various reference books, cooler and bottled water. Jim has the required Professional Driving Permit (PrDP) and public transport permits for transporting tourists
Good to know
- This is a private tour
- We collect and drop off within 20km from Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Riebeek-Kasteel, Malmesbury, Durbanville or Cape Town
- Entrance fees.
- Tasting fees for pre-agreed wines to a value of R 690 per person.
- Guiding by a private certified South African tour guide and winemaker.
- Bottled water, map, and program.
- Includes collection and drop off within 20km from Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Riebeek-Kasteel, Malmesbury, Durbanville or Cape Town.
- Meals, curios and other possible purchases for your own account. (Lunch is calculated at approx. R 120-280 pp excluding drinks.)
- All insurances are the guest's own responsibility.
- An inquisitive mind
- Eager taste buds.
- Wine tasting is a casual affair. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. In summer, dress to keep cool, and in winter a sweater is recommended
- Comfy walking shoes
- Sun hat.
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
No reviews yet
Strict Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.