Theme: History, Culture, Nature & Wine in 3 Wine Districts.
The historic Cape Winelands are possibly set in the world's most beautiful countryside with dramatic, expansive vistas of mountains, vineyards, and ocean.
The South African wine regions consist of 30 Wine Districts, all very different. We will visit three of them during the day, usually Paarl, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. You will enjoy wonderful scenery as we move between the different valleys and enjoy superb wine and food. You will learn about terroir and its influence on the grapes, as well as our Culture, History, and Cuisine.
Your guide and host Jim, guides history, culture, nature, and wine in English and Swedish. He is Cape Town born and has lived most of his life here. He knows all sorts of special places. His love for South Africa motivated him to qualify as a tourist guide and today he is doing what he loves most, sharing his passion for his country and its people. You can ask him what you like.
Private tour. There is no mixing of other people in your group. The guide and the bus are exclusively yours
All tours are available in English or Swedish.
Tours vary and may range from 3-5 producers. We will visit tasting rooms, grape vines and when possible, a cellar.
We have a modern VW that can carry up to seven passengers comfortably. The vehicle is licensed and insured for carrying tourists, and equipped with seatbelts, aircon, PA system, binoculars, various reference books, cooler and bottled water.
Jim has the required Professional Driving Permit (PrDP) and public transport permits for transporting tourists
Good to know
- This is a private tour where you are the only guests
- Entrance fees.
- Tasting fees for pre-agreed wines to a value of R 660 per person.
- Guiding by a private certified South African tour guide and winemaker.
- Bottled water, map and program.
- Includes collection and drop off within 20km from Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Riebeek-Kasteel, Malmesbury, Durbanville or Cape Town.
- Meals, curios and other possible purchases for your own account. (Lunch is calculated at approx. R 120-280 pp excluding drinks.)
- All insurances are the guest's own responsibility.
- An inquisitive mind
- Eager taste buds.
- Wine tasting is a casual affair. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. In summer, dress to keep cool, and in winter a sweater is recommended
- Comfy walking shoes
- Sun hat.
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
No reviews yet
Strict Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.